- Place all household waste in containers with a tight-fitting lid!
- Eliminate placing bags outside of containers as much as possible!
- Limit the amount of waste whenever possible.
- Drain all liquids and rinse containers before placing them in a recycling bin/container.
- ALL cardboard boxes MUST be broken down before placed into or besides containers.
- Glass is NOT recyclable. Fairfax County has placed purple glass recycling bins at numerous collection sites throughout the county. More information can be found here