- Bulk items can be placed out for collection on the second pick-up day.
- Republic will collect furniture and other large non-metal household items placed curbside that is equivalent to 2 cubic yards (4'x4'x4') and weighs less than fifty (50) pounds.
- Residents can call the Republic Customer Resource Center at 703-818-8222
to schedule these services.
Acceptable items that can be collected include:
- Furniture - Sofas, couches, end tables, vanities, dining-room tables, etc.
- All glass tops/mirrors MUST be taped.
- Lawn furniture
- Barbecue Grills - NO PROPANE TANKS.
- The igniter switch and wiring have to be removed, along with the resident agreeing to a waiver acknowledging they are responsible for any fire damage as a result of crushing a grill. If the resident confirms removal of the wiring/igniter switch and approves the waiver we can dispose of the grill.
- Push Lawnmowers - Oil and Gas must be drained.
- Area rugs/carpets - MAXIMUM of one 9' x 11' size, per pickup.
- Basketball Goals - Pole must be broken down to 4' to fit in collection vehicles.
- Bicycles (Non-Motorized)
- Items not listed above and weighing more than 50 pounds will require residents to schedule removal for these items.
- Residents may incur a charge for these items.
- Residents can call 703-818-8222
for service and payment arrangements.
- Examples of these items include:
- Air conditioners (Window Units), Dishwashers, Hot Water Heaters, Microwaves, Metal Bookshelves/File Cabinets, Refrigerators, Freezers, Stoves, Washers and Dryers
- Contractor-generated materials, construction and demolition, automotive parts/tires/rims, disaster relief debris, exempt or hazardous wastes WILL NOT be collected.